March 18th, 2014
Hello, watch the following On the Road segment and answer these questions:
- Describe what we learn about Shapiro in the first 45 seconds of this segment by just watching the B-Roll:
- We do not hear from Shapiro until 45 seconds into the segment. Instead, we see B-Roll of him and hear Hartman’s voiceover. Do you think this is an effective intro? Why or why not?
- Identify three examples of archival footage throughout this segment and explain it’s purpose.
- Explain how your group is going to include some of the elements listed above in your segment (voiceovers, B-Roll, archival footage, interview clips).
- Please tell me where your group is now in the process? Still editing your rough cut? Working on your script? And please tell me what else you need to get done to finish this film.
**On the road films are due by the end of next week!**
March 13th, 2014
Read the following article, The Truth About False and Deceptive Advertising, and then answer the following questions:
- Describe 2 or 3 ways advertisers draw you in:
- What are three general types of companies that engage in deceptive advertising and what’s their motivation?
March 12th, 2014
If you did not turn in your book today (Things Fall Apart) please bring it tomorrow. Please design your word poster and e-mail it to me as an attachment before class starts tomorrow. Include the following info in the subject line of your e-mail: PER.6 First and Last Name.
March 7th, 2014
Please upload your last two portfolio submissions to your sites following these guidelines:
- Upload your two new portfolio submissions.
- If you are including any digital media you MUST embed it into your portfolio. This includes any prezis, powerpoints or films.
- Please make sure you follow the correct format when posting your submissions:
- Use scribed for any essays
- Use the Read More Page Break for your reflection
- ADD THE CORRECT LABEL FOR THE PORTFOLIO CATEGORY FOR EACH SUBMISSION (media &
communications, critical reasoning, social awareness)
- Everyone should have at least two submissions from last year and three submissions from this year.
DUE DATE: Periods 1 & 3 Monday, March 10th Period 2 Tuesday, March 11th
February 26th, 2014
Here is the homework I mentioned in class today. There are two parts to the assignment and they are both due at the start of class on Friday morning when we all meet in the CAP suite. This assignment will count as TWO homework grades: One for the script and one for the questions.
Part I. Please watch the following On the Road segment below, Debt Collector. As you watch the film please FILL IN ALL THE VISUALS USING THE SCRIPT LINKED HERE. Make sure you identify every visual in the film from start to finish and that the visuals correspond with the audio (words) being spoken in the left column.
Part II. Answer the following questions:
- Identify the human condition in the film above, The Debt Collector.
- Identify the human condition in your On the Road film and describe how you plan to get that across to your audience.
- How does Hartman introduce this story and the main character(s)? What do we see and hear in the first 45 seconds or so that helps you figure out what the story is?
- How do you plan to introduce your story and main character? Please be specific. Are you going to start with a voiceover, or go straight into the interview? What type of B-Roll shots are you planning on using for the intro, if any?