March 7th, 2014
Please upload your last two portfolio submissions to your sites following these guidelines:
- Upload your two new portfolio submissions.
- If you are including any digital media you MUST embed it into your portfolio. This includes any prezis, powerpoints or films.
- Please make sure you follow the correct format when posting your submissions:
- Use scribed for any essays
- Use the Read More Page Break for your reflection
- ADD THE CORRECT LABEL FOR THE PORTFOLIO CATEGORY FOR EACH SUBMISSION (media &
communications, critical reasoning, social awareness)
- Everyone should have at least two submissions from last year and three submissions from this year.
DUE DATE: Periods 1 & 3 Monday, March 10th Period 2 Tuesday, March 11th
February 26th, 2014
Here is the homework I mentioned in class today. There are two parts to the assignment and they are both due at the start of class on Friday morning when we all meet in the CAP suite. This assignment will count as TWO homework grades: One for the script and one for the questions.
Part I. Please watch the following On the Road segment below, Debt Collector. As you watch the film please FILL IN ALL THE VISUALS USING THE SCRIPT LINKED HERE. Make sure you identify every visual in the film from start to finish and that the visuals correspond with the audio (words) being spoken in the left column.
Part II. Answer the following questions:
- Identify the human condition in the film above, The Debt Collector.
- Identify the human condition in your On the Road film and describe how you plan to get that across to your audience.
- How does Hartman introduce this story and the main character(s)? What do we see and hear in the first 45 seconds or so that helps you figure out what the story is?
- How do you plan to introduce your story and main character? Please be specific. Are you going to start with a voiceover, or go straight into the interview? What type of B-Roll shots are you planning on using for the intro, if any?
February 21st, 2014
1. Finish the characterization handout
2. Make your 2nd entry in your Mini- Notebook – Topic -> Your choice. You can do any of the ideas we discussed and shared in
3. Finish TFA! (and last post-it note annotations)
February 12th, 2014
Please complete the following by Tuesday:
- Read through chapter 16 and continue annotating the text using post it notes.
- Write a letter from Okonkwo to his son, Nwoye, explaining why he took part in the killing of Ikemefuna. Please include and develop at least TWO reasons that Okonkwo believes justified his actions. Write this as if you are Okonkwo in 1st person voice. (Type, 12 pt font)
- Complete both MAIN IDEA handouts using the two articles you found and printed in class this week. These are due, along with the articles, at the start of class on Tuesday.
Please e-mail me if you have any questions.